I bet you never knew American Rapper, Nicki Minaj was born in Trinidad and Tobago. Oh yes! Nicki Minaj was born in Trinidad and Tobago but was rasied in New York in America. Lets delve into 10 facts about the actress and rapper’s biography.
1. Onika Tanya Maraj known professionally as Nicki Minaj.
2. She was born in Saint James, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago and raised in Queens, New York City.
3. She gained public recognition after releasing the mixtapes Playtime Is Over (2007), Sucka Free (2008), and Beam Me Up Scotty (2009).
4. Minaj made her film debut in the 2012 animated film Ice Age: Continental Drift.
5. She subsequently played supporting roles in the films The Other Woman (2014) and Barbershop: The Next Cut (2016). Her fourth studio album, Queen, was released in 2018.
6. Minaj was the first female artist included on MTV’s annual Hottest MC List.
7. Her father, Robert Maraj, a financial executive and part-time gospel singer, is of Dougla (Afro-Trinidadian and Indo-Trinidadian) descent.
8. Her mother, Carol Maraj, is also a gospel singer with Afro-Trinidadian ancestry.
9. At the age of 19, as she struggled with her acting career, she worked as a waitress at a Red Lobster in the Bronx, but was fired for discourtesy to customers. She said she was fired from “at least 15 jobs” for similar reasons.
10. In 2012, in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, Minaj donated $15,000 to the Food Bank For New York City and held a turkey drive at her alma mater, PS 45.
Follow Vibelens on Twitter on Facebook and on YouTube