We all miss someone at some period of our lives. It is a feeling that hard to explain exactly, but one thing is for sure when you start to miss someone, the only thing that matter to you is to have that person right by your side.
But this is not always the case. Maybe that person is in the other corner of the world in business trip or work-related mission, or you are a mission, someone, you have just broken up with, or even worse, you miss someone who died. In situations like this, there is only one thing to do; turn to music. A nice song will help you feel better about your feeling.
Of course not all missing someone feelings are bad, but when you can’t have the person you are missing right by your side, or can’t explain why you are missing them, a song will always be a perfect escape.
In this post, we are going to highlight 100 songs about missing someone that you should listen to.
100 songs about missing someone
Here is the countdown to the top 100 songs about missing someone today, tomorrow, and probably forever.
- Supermarket Flowers – Ed Sheeran
This hit by Ed Sheeran is one of the best songs ever made by the English artist and one of the best songs about missing someone. In the song, Sheeran sings about how hard and horrible it is to lose a mom, even when you are already a grown-up person. After she passes, it is painful and hard to dispose of all of her get-well-soon cards as well as the supermarket flowers she received.
- Rise Up – Andra Day
Rise Up is an uplifting song that will perfectly suit your current mood of missing someone. It is a perfect tune to listen to when you are having a difficult day. Its powerful message has made it a beacon of hope to people having a hard time.
- Goodbye’s the saddest word – Celine Dion
Celine Dion is known for her emotional ballads, and one of them is this one. With her lyric soprano voice, this song is sure to make you feel better or worse depending on how it rubs your wounds.
- Miss, You Like Crazy – Natalie Cole
This song by the late Natalie Cole is perfect to listen when you are missing that special someone so much to the point that it is driving you crazy.
- Someone Like You – Adele
If you find out that your ex has already moved on like nothing ever happened between the two of you, just get home plug in your headphones or connect your speakers and play this song. And don’t forget to bury your head in the pillow and cry your heart out.
- Yesterday – The Beatles
This one is for when your relationship has just ended but you still clutching on the straws hoping things get back to how they were.
- A picture of me (without you) – George Jones
This song is for when you are overwhelmed with sad emotions when you think of that special person who was once important to your life is now missing.
- Baby I’ve been missing you – The Independents
One for when you are missing someone you love ever day
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
This is one is for when you can’t stop thinking of how things were better when you were still with your ex.
- Missing you – Diana Rose
Listen to this song if someone has left you and you don’t know why and where to find them.
- I will remember you – Sarah McLachlan
If you are still thinking of one of your exes, listen to this song
- How can I help you say goodbye – Patty Loveless
Listen to this song if you need some help moving on from your ex.
- How do I live – LeAnn Rimes
This one is for when you can’t imagine life without your loved one
- Faithfully – Journey
One for when you feel like you will forever love your ex
- Always – Bon Jovi
When you find yourself looking at photos of when you were still together, listen to this ballad by Bon Jovi.
- Home – Michael Buble
This song is perfect for people in a long-distance relationship or if you are far away from home.
- The man who can’t be moved – The Script
When you think there is nothing you can’t do to get back your ex, this is a song you should listen.
- Please come to Boston – Dave Loggins
If you are in a long-distance relationship, this hit by Dave Loggins will make you feel better.
- So far away – Carole King
When you miss that special someone who was once in your life
- Far away – Nickelback
If you are in a relationship that you both have different expectations and timing.
- I miss you – Klymaxx
This one is for when you have had a worst broke up
- Get Here – Oleta Adams
A love song for long-distance couples
- Baby come back – Player
If you have screwed up your relationship and the person has left, console yourself with this song.
- Hey there Delilah – Plain White T’s
Also one for a long-distance relationship
- Tears in Heaven
If you have lost a child, this song from the 90s will help you get through it.
- Who knew – Pink
If you still can’t believe that the relationship is over
- Missing you – John Waite
When your mind tells you don’t miss that ex but your tells you differently
- Always something there to remind me – Naked Eyes
This 80s ballad is perfect for you if you are missing your ex after breaking up.
- I’m already there – Lonestar
If you are out on a business trip and you miss your family (who doesn’t), this tune will help you feel better.
- I don’t wanna miss a Thing – Aerosmith
This power ballad from the 90s describes just that feeling when you just can’t stand when that special person is not here with you.
- Missing you – Steve Perry
Listen to this song if you are missing your former lover and it was your fault they left.
- Holes in the floor of heaven – Steve Wariner
When you lose your loved one through the cold hands of death, this ballad will comfort you.
- A Long December – Counting Crows
This song talks about losing someone and then having to go through the pain over and over in their anniversary.
- He stopped loving her today – George Jones
If you feel you can’t stop loving that sweetheart who left.
- What hurts the most – Rascal Flatts
The song is literally for someone missing another person.
- The man who can’t be moved – The Scrip
When you find yourself in the place where you first met with your ex
- I miss my friend – Darryl Worley
Listen to this after a nasty breakup
- I’ll be missing you – Puff Daddy and Faith Evans
This song is about the loved ones you have lost
- When you’re gone – Avril Lavigne
When a distance comes between the two of you, listen to this hit song from 2007.
- Need you now – Lady Antebellum
This one is for when you miss your ex-lover
- You’ll think of me – Keith Urban
If you catch your significant other cheating, this ballad will help you through.
- Lay me down – Sam Smith
This song will help you get through the pain of losing someone.
- Homesick – MercyMe
This one if for when you have lost your loved ones
- When I get to where I’m going – Brad Paisley
Get some hops from this song after losing a loved one.
- This is your song – Ronan Keating
This song was composed a short time after the singer lost his mother to breast cancer.
- What a wonderful world – Louis Armstrong
This song has an uplifting message that will help you get through the hard times.
- Joanne – Lady Gaga
This is one of the most tear-jerking songs about missing someone.
- Jealous of angles – Donna Taggart
If you have lost your loved one and you are missing them (why wouldn’t you), get some comfort from this song.
- I’m already there – Lonestar
If you are missing someone who is far away, this is a song for you.
- Time to say goodbye – Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli
This song is also for when you have lost a loved one.
- She goes on – Crowded House
This is one of the most beautiful songs about missing someone
- Ain’t no sunshine
Listen to this song if you are missing someone special
- Wish you were here – Pink Floyd
You will get some comfort from this ballad if you are grieving.
- I’m gonna miss you when you’re gone – Patty Griffin
This song is for when you have lost a loved one
- Hey mama – Kanye West
Kanye West wrote this song in honor of his mother who passed away in 2007.
- The best day – Taylor Swift
This song is about missing your parents
- The baby – Blake Shelton
The best song about missing someone
- Heaven got another angel – Gordon True
This song is about missing someone who died
- Promise to try – Madonna
This song by Madonna was a dedication to her mother who passed away when she was just 5 years old.
- If I could be where you are – Enya
This is arguably the best hauntingly beautiful songs about missing someone.
- Coldest Winter – Kanye West
Also a tribute to his mother Donda West, this song is perfect for when you have lost someone.
- I will always love you – Whitney Houston
If you find yourself in a situation where you have to let go of someone you love but you know you will always love them.
- Broken – Lifehouse
This is also one of the most beautiful songs about missing someone.
- If heaven was needing a hero – Dee Messina
Another inspirational song about missing someone, if you find yourself in that situation, just pug in your earphones and enjoy this song.
- One more day – Diamond Rio
When you wish for just another day with a loved who died, this song will help you feel better.
- Even in death – Evanescence
This is another beautiful song about missing someone.
- Into the light – In This Moment
This is also a song about missing someone.
- Thank you for being my dad – Jon Barker
This is a song for when you are missing your dad.
- A song for dad – Keith Urban
This is another song about missing your dad
- Dance with my father – Luther Vandross
Also, it is another song about dads
- Where’d you go – Fort Minor
This song is about missing someone special
- Papa was a rolling stone – The Temptations
If you start to feel the absence of your father from your life, this is a song that will help you along the way.
- Goodnight – Cher Lloyd
This is also a song dedicated to a father
- Endless night – the Lion King Broadway Soundtrack
This is also a dedication to a lost loved one.
- You can let go – Crystal Shawanda
Another song for missing a father by Crystal Shawanda, this is a must-have song in your playlist.
- Hurt – Christina Aguilera
If you have lost your loved one, Christina Aguilera will help you get through it.
- The greatest man I never knew – Reba McEntire
This is a song about missing someone special
- Drink a beer – Luke Bryan
This one is for when you have lost your loved one.
- Angel – Sarah McLachlan
This is also another great song about missing someone special
- In loving memory – Alter Bridge
When someone still has an impact on your life even after they have left, this song about missing someone should be in your playlist.
- Save a place for me – Mathew West
This song is about a lost loved one
- Sissy’s Song – Alan Jackson
- Temporary song – Carrie Underwood
- Angel flying too close to the ground – Willie Nelson
- Wake me up when September ends – Green Day
- You should be here – Cole Swindell
- My Angel – Kellie Pickler
- I miss you – Miley Cyrus
- I can only imagine – MercyMe
- Now you belong to heaven – Mari Olsen
- If heaven wasn’t so far away – Justin Moore
- Mama – III Divo
- Gone too soon – Daughtry
- If die young – The Band Perry
- Bridge over troubled water – Simon and Garfunkel
- Gone too soon – Michael Jackson
- Blackbird – The Beatles
- Ronan – Taylor Swift
- Fly – Celine Dion
- Lullaby (Goodnight my angel) – Billy Joel