7 Etiquette Rules Every Lady Should Strictly Follow. A lady should be courteous at all ll times and this is non-negotiable! We have gathered some basic rules every lady should strictly follow to help them become well respected and held in high esteem.
Anyone can learn these rules.
1. In a restaurant
- If it’s very hot, don’t cool yourself down by waving a napkin. Just tell a waiter that you are not getting enough fresh air, and ask him to turn the air conditioner on.
- Don’t lay out the contents of your purse in a public place.
- If you need to brush your hair, do it in the ladies’ room.
- You can put on lipstick at the table. However, you should only apply mascara and powder in the bathroom.
2. Table manners
- It’s rude to refill only your glass. First, ask if the person sitting next to you would like a refill.
- Don’t take a long time to choose the best piece of food on a plate. Take the nearest piece.
- Don’t put a soup spoon on the table during dinner or after it. Leave the spoon in the bowl so as not to make the tablecloth dirty.
- When holding a teacup, place your fingers to the front and the back of the handle. However, you can loop your fingers around the handle when drinking coffee.
3. General rules
- Remember: when at work, it’s not ok to lay out your makeup or put your purse or hat on your desk. Find a different place for that.
- If you are sitting on a low chair, don’t cross your legs. Hold your knees together, and lean them to the side. You can cross your legs only if you put one foot right behind the other.
4. Car etiquette
- When a lady gets into a car, she shouldn’t “step“ into it. She should sit on the edge of the seat and ”pull” her legs into the car. When getting out of the car, she should put her feet on the road and then stand up.
5. Public cloakrooms
- If the place you are visiting doesn’t have a cloakroom, put your clothes on special hangers inside.
- It’s ok to fix your hair in the cloakroom, but you shouldn’t do your makeup, brush your hair, or tie your tie. Go to the bathroom if you need to do something like that.
7 Etiquette Rules Every Lady Should Strictly Follow