Did you know you can simply save those interesting pictures, videos and memes your friends post on their whatsapp status without installing a third party app on your smartphone? Sometimes, you’ll ask a friend to send you what they posted on their whatsapp status and they’ll be like, send them data first, well, it’s soo annoying.
Installing third-party apps just to save a whatsapp status which you like is just a waste of time and your storage space, so how do you save whatsapp statuses to your gallery without using a third-party app? Interested in the simple trick? Ok here’s how to go about saving those whatsapp statuses to your gallery.
1. Open your internal file manager/my files
2. Go to your file manager settings and select “show hidden files.”
3. Open the Whatsapp folder, if you’re using whatsapp business, then open that one.
4. Open Media folder
5. Locate the folder named ‘.Statuses‘ and you’ll have all the statuses you viewed within 24hrs saved in it.
6. Move the ones you want to save to your desired folder, it’s as simple as that.
- In every Android device you will be having a Files or File Manager App (File shape icon)
- Install “ES File Explorer” which gives you the option to view hidden files
- Launch ES File Explorer and from the settings on the left side of the screen turn on “Show hidden files” option
- Go to WhatsApp Folder which can directly be accessed and in some devices it can be found under “Phone Storage”
- Open the WhatsApp folder and now Tap on Media
- In most Android devices you can find a folder with the name “.Statuses” which will store the Status updates which you have seen
- You can open the Status update which you want to save and Save the file on your Media Directory to view later or share it with your friends.
Remember, the pictures and videos you see in the ‘.Statuses‘ folder will erase themselves after 24hrs so do copy or move the ones you want to your desired folder before the 24hrs expire.